Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tag, I'm It!

Mrs. Frodo, my dear friend at Apollos Academy tagged me for this a while ago, so here we go:

Nine Weird Things About Me

Or Things About Me That Don't Come Up In Common Conversation


1. I had the honor of meeting Rita Moreno at a National Hispanic Council On Aging dinner in DC while I was in high school.


2. I am related to Scottish missionary Dr. David Livingstone and George Whitefield (and it is pronounced "White"field, not "Whit"field as most Americans believe; I promise, my mother is a Whitefield!)


3. My great uncle Mac was Ranger Hal.


4. I was a student in one of the first Communications Arts Magnet programs in the country (read: guinea pig).


5. I am allergic to whey, yet am obsessed with pizza!


6. My paternal grandfather traveled from Georgia to New York City to be a laborer on the Empire State Building and then became a DC taxi driver for over 40 years after.


7. I have a tattoo on my ankle that I got when I was 20. I would love another, but Mr. Clean has requested that I resist the urge (while on the outside I am a mild mannered homeschooler, on the inside I am a juke joint singer with B-52's hair!).


8. I love motorcycles. Mr. Clean had one before we became "responsible parents".


9. I would easily become a "raw foodist" and follow Serene Allison around like a groupy, if I could still eat steak!

No comments: