Monday, January 29, 2007

I Still Imagine

Remember the feeling you get when you discover a new song that touches you down in the depths of your soul? Fast forward a few weeks ahead when you have listened to it a gazillion times and it has worn on you. It now falls into that "just a nice song" category, no longer able to produce goose bumps or tears.

There are a few songs that never stop giving me goose bumps or tears and most of them are old hymns. But there is one contemporary song that recently had fallen into the "just a nice song" category. Until K.Z. discovered it.

For Christmas K.Z. received a cd player from his grandmother to be able to listen to books on tape and the like. Although it does get used for that purpose K.Z. is like his parents and is a huge music lover, so he begged Mr. Clean for the use of our cds. In all of his wisdom my dear hubby decided to spare our cds, but did burn some of our collection for K.Z. to have of his very own.

K.Z.'s favorite right now is Mercy Me, specifically, "I Can Only Imagine". This was one of those heartfelt songs that took me off to another place. After it was commercialized to death and sung everywhere, it lost a bit of it's hold on me, but K.Z. loves it and plays it all the time. Seeing my beautiful boy sing and dance to the song is enough to make me love it again, but then he said, "Mom, I can't wait to get my new body in heaven where no one will ever get sick or need band-aids. I can't wait to see Jesus".

The song has a whole new meaning for me now "hearing" it through my son's ears. I went online to see if I could find the video since I had never seen it. It is very well done, scroll down and see it for yourself! It made me cry.

P.S. Sorry about the commercials you may encounter before the videos, it's a pain! Also, look for Michael Tait of dc Talk in the video and the Cub Scout with his derby car. I dare you not to get misty eyed as well...

1 comment:

Susie said...

I LOVE that song, too, Angel!! Never ceases to move me!!! A few years ago I found it bundled together with a little gift book of poignant sayings/photos, and I gave it to a bunch of people to enjoy for Christmas. Each person was equally moved. What a gift from this group!! Thanks for the reminder!

Smiles and hugs!