Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Kid Whisperer

When we got our scrappy little pup, Gromit we started to train him straight away. He was a 1 year old "pound puppy" when we got him and we wanted him to be the perfect pet. We have had him about 15 months now and although not perfect I must say he is a great dog. Mr. Clean and I became obsessed with "The Dog Whisperer", Cesar Millan and his training methods which are in our opinion, second to none. Cesar's theory for becoming your dog's pack leader is implementing "Exercise, Discipline, then Affection" in that order. See a Cesar clip below...




All this has me wondering. It works so well with Gromit, what about K.Z., Xena and C'sa? Before you gasp in horror, let me assure you that I hold my children in much higher regard than the dog, but here where we live in PA it has been dreary and sopping outside and a little nuts inside. They have been bickering with one another and yelling a little too much (as has their mother) and been in a general state of "Phhhhhh". A good run along side Cesar and his skates just might do the trick!


However, since I do not foresee Cesar paying us a visit here anytime soon, I guess I should get these kids to an indoor play place soon so that they can run and be wild!

2 comments:

Susie said...

I'm with you on the playing thing and needing a "kid whisperer"...I think we've got an extremely bad case of "cabin fever" going on over here. I think I'll bundle them up and send them outside. :o) Hot cocoa anyone?

Laura said...

Three words for you...

Dance Dance Revolution!

(Okay, it's only two words, but one repeats and takes the physical space of two!)

We bought a plug-n-play version on Ebay for $8 and the kids love it! They burn off all of their energy indoors and all in a 3' by 3' space with nothing to throw around! I want to kiss the person who invented this game!