Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mr. Clean's Brownie Points

I have decided that yesterday is going down in history as a "homeschool wash out". Nothing went right for the first 9 hours of the day after rolling out of bed. School did not get finished and what was done was questionable at best anyway and the queen bee of this family (that would be me) was simply in a funk over all of it. The kids were loud and constant and nothing was right with the world (okay a little dramatization here but it's valid!).

THEN, the familiar sound of footsteps and with a grand sweep of the door in walked, SuperDad, cape waving in the wind behind him while birds chirped and sang the Hallelujah chorus (as did the queen bee).

In all his wisdom and graciousness, Mr. Clean allowed me to stop being Mom, teacher, chef, taxi driver, etc. at 4:30 and off I went (no, ran) upstairs. I took a long hot bath complete with a magazine and then slowly got dressed doing all of those wonderful grooming things mothers rarely have time for (lotion? who has time for THAT on a daily basis?). To top it off, I had promised a friend I would venture out for a home show she was having. So while Mr. Clean was cooking dinner and feeding the offspring I was slowly making my way out of the bedroom.

Three scrubbed little faces came up to say goodbye to me as they went off to a Cub Pack meeting (by the way, K.Z.'s pinewood derby car weighed in at an EXACT 5.000 ounces!!) and I got ready for a night out with adult females.

The end of the fairy tale you ask? Not yet! When I came home the most amazing, romantic and thoughtful thing awaited me. A perfectly clean kitchen.

3 comments:

Susie said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! Hark! I hear the birds singing and the angels humming along! Wow! What fun! What a hubby! And what a wonderful blessing he gave to you! Definitely a billion brownie points coming his way...and your way for accepting his gift. :o)

Smiles and hugs!

Laura said...

Aren't our guys wonderful? So that's why you were available to talk last night at 8? I was wondering what happened to the bed time rituals! (I was too distracted by angry-typer and hyper-burber to ask.) :)

Jamie said...

Don't you just love when things like that happen on seemingly endless, horrible days! Glad it all ended on a good note!