Thursday, January 18, 2007

Oh death!



"Oh death, Won't you spare me over til another year?"


This week has pretty much crashed and burned and I have decided to write it off completely. If school happens or not tomorrow depends on Zorro riding in to slay the enemy (a case of the yucks) and save the day. I will not be holding my breath!

Earlier in the week Xena and C'sa decided to have a "cough-off". They both tied for first place, but hey, just a little cough never hurt anyone right? On Wednesday morning C'sa upped the stakes and threw up, I assumed from too much coughing. Wednesday night I went to bed with a migraine.

Well now I am happy to report that both girls are feeling much better. Their mother however feels like death warmed over. I had a bible study here this morning and then ogbeach and I had a school free day while the kids played. We both needed the break and the company. It felt good and I felt good until the scratch in my throat began and the indicative "hard swallow".

Had it not been for the fabulous Golden Arches (yuck!) this evening my children would not have eaten dinner as Mr. Clean (aka: Mr. Wonderful, and I mean that sincerely) is in NYC until tomorrow and then Buffalo until he flies home Saturday morning. The meatloaf I had planned (I forgot I have no eggs) is still in a loafless form in the fridge and well, I simply do not care. Even if I had a live chicken shooting eggs out at supersonic speed in my kitchen I still would have hit the drive thru. The "zip" in my "doo-dah" has died.

So I bid thee farewell for now as I curl up with my bottle of NyQuil and the remote.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should get a job as one of those people who writes things for the newspaper. You are very funny and you should get paid for that!

Susie said...

{{{{HUGS}}}} to feel better soon! Gotta love those Goldens Arches! We ate there last night -- I like the kid's toy at the moment -- as our daddy was away in Ohio, having something yummy at the company's expense, no doubt!! Hope you have a good final day of the week...doing nothing but resting and recuperating!! Smiles and hugs!

Mr. Clean said...

So you found the remote! Great.

Kyle

Jamie said...

Hope you feel better soon! I know how miserable it is to feel under the weather and try to take care of the children. Hugs!