Thursday, January 11, 2007

Uncharted territories...

Being a mother and a female, I have very distinct dreams and hopes for my two daughters based on what I know about being a woman. My son however is a different story. This boy is "all boy" and I simply cannot even pretend to imagine his future. Now I know that the future is not certain in any case and I do not pretend that I will ever have any insight as to what lies ahead for any of my children, but I decided today after reading an article that if I could pick someone for my son to emulate it would be this man (homeschooled as well!)...


JACKSONVILLE (FBC)–Living with acclaim and accolades could easily overwhelm an 18-year-old recruited by the nation’s top college football teams. His decision to commit to the University of Florida recently pre-empted local television news programming and created a media frenzy throughout the nation.


But when Tim Tebow was asked to recount the record-setting statistics of his high school career, the Florida High School Player of the Year said he could not. “I’m sure someone kept the stats, but I haven’t kept track,” said the member of Jacksonville’s First Baptist Church.

Nor does he surf the internet where dozens of stories and scouting reports have been written about the talented young athlete. Instead the dual-threat quarterback for St. Augustine’s Nease High School has been taught that honoring God is more important than athletic accomplishments.


Read the full article

1 comment:

Laura said...

I read about him in the rival's, Ohio Buckeye's, paper of all places! Now that's someone I want my son to look up to!