Thursday, March 29, 2007

When the Clock Ticks Too Fast

Mr Clean took a call today I am glad I missed. I think. Xena and I had gone to the grocery store after her t-ball practice for a bit of "Momma Time" (I try and get a chance to take each kid out individually every once and a while for some one-on-one). Mr. Clean had taken K.Z. and C'sa to K.Z.'s baseball (coach pitch) practice and beaten Xena and I home.

My mother called to tell me that things are worse and my Grandmother has been given a couple weeks at best. I know she is ready spiritually and that she and I will get to spend Eternity praising our Creator together, so why do I feel like I just want to throw up?

The kids know what is going on and two days ago K.Z. said to me, "I will be happy when Great Grandma dies so she can get her new body in Heaven and won't be sick." Then Xena asked if she would have a kid's body or a Grandma body. In my limited human mind, I could not even fathom an answer to that question, but I hope she is one of the first faces that I get to see, whatever "body" she has.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Oh, Angel!! I cannot imagine what you must be feeling. I felt sick as I read your entry.... I am praying for you and your family! I know that God understands your sorrow even in the knowledge and hope of spending Eternal Glory together. HUGS to you!

Laura said...

Oh, Sweetie! I am so sorry. We are praying for everyone here. And thank you for teaching your children so diligently in the Scriptures. They are such witnesses of grace!