Monday, March 26, 2007

A Homeschooling Mother's Conundrum

This is one of those riddles that only can be solved by a trek to a remote country while in search of some toga wearing guru sitting cross legged on the top of a mountain.

It is currently 11:08 hours. School here usually begins somewhere between 09:00 and 09:30 hours. Since getting up I have fed the children, exercised, done two loads of laundry, instructed K.Z. to unload the dishwasher (which was done without complaint!), reloaded the dishwasher and actually showered since the kids were getting along famously.

I just went to check on the dryer and let K.Z. know that it was time to start school as he was playing near the laundry room with the girls. It is crucial to note that our washer and dryer is in the basement, one whole floor away from me! He begged me to let them have more time as, "we are not done playing". All three of them are playing together another floor away and not needing me from anything!

So, do I enjoy these fleeting moments of alone time to continue doing the chores that so desperately need attention, or break the spell and educate my child? Is there an answer to this riddle?

1 comment:

Susie said...

A quandry indeed!! That's a tough choice...but you know the saying, "Let sleeping dogs lie..." or something like that. "Peace = Sanity" in my book.

ENJOY!!