Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thank you for your prayers!

I want to thank everyone who has been praying for Ethan, the little two year old that attends our church. His family is so grateful as well! Here is an update on Ethan from his mother. I will not be updating too much more on Ethan unless there is a major change. The Lord has been so faithful!

March 15, 2007 at 07:33 AM EST
Sorry that it has been so long since I wrote an update last. The computer near our room has not been working and it is harder to get away from Ethan because he is awake alot more.

Ethan is doing well. He is making a slow progress as far as physical therapy is going. As of next week we are going to a Rehab facility.

As far as Ethan's heart though, it looks normal at this time. Isn't God great? He took a heart that could not beat at all on its own and totally healed it. I can't even express my gratefulness in having such a great God.

Ethan still is on medication for his heart, but the doctors are hopeful that eventually he can be weaned off of them.

The doctors area little concerned that Ethan's brain may have been affected by all of the trauma that his body went through. He is having an MRI done this morning to see if there has been any damage. A doctor I spoke with last night told me that he would be highly surprised if there was no damage at all to Ethan's brain. But the doctors are quick to say that the brain damage is probably minimal and that Ethan's brain could recover. I am waiting and praying for good results though.

It is really hard to figure out if Ethan has been brain damaged becaus of his age at this point. He was not a big talker to begin with and since he came off ECMO he has not said one word. (except "no and ouch" to a nurse) Of course, like I said Ethan never said a whole lot especially when he did not feel good.

Thanks again for praying for Ethan. I will try and update this again once I hear back about his MRI.

No comments: