Monday, September 24, 2007

I Am a Ninny

I will say it again, "I am a ninny". Maybe they have Ninny's Anonymous or something that I could go to for help.

I never ever watch Hallmark movies (unless Susie forces me) because I cry at all the commercials conspiratorially placed in said made for TV movies. Nor can I simply watch one more episode of "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" without wanting to go and jump off the roof in my grief, so I have decided to stick with "safe" shows like old 90's reruns of "COPS" and "SuperNanny".

Yet this week alone I have been sucked into two different media productions that made me bawl like a three year old denied ice cream.

The first was "Kid Nation", which looked completely cheesy on the commercials and had Mr. Clean and I cracking jokes and rolling our eyes. But apparently Mr. Softie Clean thought the kids might like it so we watched it with them and my eyes leaked. Stupid show.

Then tonight I declared it movie night so I could turn off my slow functioning and still congested brain and veg out, so the kids picked the human version of Charlotte's Web, which none of us had previously seen.

Now, I have seen the old cartoon version and have, of course, read the classic, but I cried anyway. For a spider. Did I ever mention I am seriously freaked out by spiders and the computer animated one is nothing like the pretty cartoon version. It's just creepy. Still, I cried for the creepy dead spider. Stupid movie.

I am going upstairs to watch a "COPS" rerun now and get a good laugh.

5 comments:

Susie said...

You are SOOO funny!! That movie made all of us leak like crazy, too! In fact, Edward won't watch it again..."too sad," he said. I cried so much my face and ears hurt...and you're right...for a spider. And her adorable kids. "Goodbye! Goodbye! Whee!" Stupid movie! :o) (We really LOVED it!) Be "wary" of Because of Winn Dixie... :o)

Susie said...

P.S. And, hey! What's this about "forcing" you to watch Hallmark movies??? LOLOLOLOL!! Now which ones does Kiefer star in again?

Hope you're still up for Wednesday's Mr. Holland's Opus. Oh, boy...

Angel at Aduladi' said...

Alright then Susie...

I don't remember seeing KS anywhere in "The Lake House"! I know that was not officially a Hallmark movie, but it should have been!

And "Behind the Red Door"? Enough said.

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

Let me first say...were we sisters in another life (if that kind of thing were true???) I cry when people win money on the radio and not because I'm jealous! I'm just so genuinely happy for them. Then there's the spiders...why can't I have that much compassion for them when they are in my house? My favorite cry movie..wait for it...
Somethings Gotta Give. Completely inappropriate for any strong Christian woman...hehem...cough cough...and of course I only watched it for...hehem, ministry related reasons...cough cough...well, anyway, I loved how she cried..made me feel better in a weird sorta way. I think I'm just weird.

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

PS...I haven't heard the word "ninny" in forever...love that. Not that you are though, just love the word. ;O]