Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Why Is It?

Why is it that I can take my kids to run and get out all of their pent up energy while I happily sit on my duff and watch and I still wind up needing a nap?

Today was a crucially needed day to simply get out! The community I live in has been shut down for days with snow and ice and the offspring and I have not gotten out too much. So I decided today that I would take them to a HUGE activity emporium (think fast food style play place on steroids) and let them run, climb, jump, chase each other, etc. They even got to play on the indoor soccer field and basketball course. To top it off, it is homeschool day, so they had other kids to play with. This place is just cool!

I got to sit and watch them play while engaging in some lovely conversation with the other homeschooling mothers there. We arrived about 11 am (ish) and did not leave until close to 3 pm. All I did, literally, was sit on my behind, save walking to the little restaurant they have there to buy my kids lunch and sit (again) to eat it.

Yet, I feel as if I have run a marathon today. I yawned all the way home (those deep intense yawns) and felt quite wiped out. Maybe watching them run around made me sympathetically tired. Whatever the explanation for the phenomena, I am beat and going to bed!

No comments: