Monday, February 5, 2007

The King and His Prince

For Christmas Xena got "Pretty Pretty Princess", which for those of you who have not played is a very girlie board game. The object of the game is simplistic. Spin the spinner to move around the board collecting all the royal jewels in an attempt to be the first to get all the jewels in your designated color and the crown. The winner is the first one with all her jewels and the royal crown properly in place.

Sensing that Xena needed a little attention a week or so ago, Mr. Clean asked if she would like to pick out a game for all of us to play as a family. Know what she picked? You got it! Out came Pretty Pretty Princess. Mr. Clean got a chuckle out of it while K.Z. was a little mortified. I settled his anxiety with the reminder that in the ancient times, great kings and their royal subjects often wore jewelry. Since we were studying Ancient Egypt at the time I likened him to King Tut. He reluctantly agreed to play.

Since the game is only for four players, Momma casually slipped out of the situation to grab a camera. The minute my boy spied that I had a device that could forever capture his "royal reign", he back peddled big time, pulling off all of his bounty. The only way I could convince him to continue in the game and let me record it was to promise that I would never let Connor or David see the pictures (he was petrified of his two buddies catching him in this most unmanly situation, although I busted him and David going through ballet positions with their little sisters, who are also friends, last month). *A note to the Melissas who are the proud mothers of said boys, please do not let David and Connor witness this post or my son will never forgive me!

So without much further ado, I present the winner of "Pretty Pretty Princess", Prince K.Z. and his father, King Clean...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny! We have the same game and while my son is happy to play it with his sister, under no circumstances am I allowed to take his picture!

Susie said...

We love this game -- Edward especially!!! I love that photo! Good for Mr. Clean to play with such zeal -- and kudos to the reluctant K.Z. :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh the things I miss out on not having a girl (seeing my men all a glow with jewels)!

Jamie said...

LOL That is hilarious. We have that game also, but I've not yet broken out the camera. What good sports you have!

Laura said...

Hey, KZ and Mr. Clean are real "manly men" to be able to pull-off earring like that! :)