Monday, February 12, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!

Today my beautiful daughter, you turned 5. At 13:00 hours to be exact, and we kept a firm eye on the clock so we would not miss the exact time, as turning 5 is a big deal you know! Looking at you today I am blown away at the changes just in the past year. My 10 pound, 11 ounce baby is now tall and skinny and only a couple pounds heavier than her little sister. You still love to sit and dream and imagine, yet are very precise about how the imaginative scenario should be played out. You are forgetful, sometimes clumsy but can dance and sing to yourself for hours and will memorize a song after hearing it once. You are a blue eyed, blonde haired, flighty little sweetheart who loves the Lord with all your heart.
You are the perfect gift.

What I still get choked up about is the fact that as much as I love you, the Lord loves you that much more. You were created to be exactly as you are and at this precise time in history. Nothing about you my sweet Xena was an accident or just circumstantial. Your Creator formed you perfectly and knew you long before Daddy or I did, even by name.

Happy Birthday my love.


Xena's 1st Birthday in 2003

3 comments:

Susie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my precious princess. I forgot how much like your mother you looked when you were one, and how quickly your appearance changed again to look uniquely like yourself. Love you lots, Grandma

Susie said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday to you, Xena!! You are very special to so many people! Keep dreaming and loving the Lord! You will grow to be a mighty "warrioress" for him! Smiles and hugs! Mrs. Foote et al.