Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"And the June Cleaver Award Goes To..."

..."anyone but that crazy Angel chick!"

Mr. Clean flew to Indiana today for a couple days. Last night he was gracious enough to hit the grocery store for me to pick up a couple things for the week as I was not feeling so sporty. We had just got back from 5 days at my in-laws in the Adirondacks and the cupboards were quite bare. So I made a menu for the next few days and sent him off with a precise list.

Speed ahead to today. I decided that this was a school holiday and that the kids needed to run and jump and it would NOT be in my house. So off we went to the play place on steroids again. And once again, it was lovely to just sit, chat with other moms and let the kids go nuts with their friends. We came home and I was going to make fish (of the "stick" variety), green beans and steamed rice. A nice wholesome meal fit for the three little members of royalty that live in my house (help, I am getting delusional again!). Open the freezer and well, the one (and only) thing that my hubby forgot on the list just had to be the fish sticks. I do believe I sucked all the oxygen out of the room through my clenched teeth. Not out of anger for the hubby, just out of the frustration of lack of a back-up. Every other dinner on my menu demanded preparation and I was simply not in the mood.

So now what? Yesterday we had pizza for lunch due to the lack of food in the house and there were leftovers in the fridge. But, today we had pizza for lunch as the play place on steroids had a great coupon. Is it even legal to feed kids pizza three times in two days? I do believe that just the thought can summon "Child Protective Services". Therefore pizza was out.

So in great homage to the king of rock 'n roll, we had peanut butter and banana sandwiches (forgot to put jelly on the list). And no, I did not deep fry them Elvis style, but I toasted them, as the bread was in the freezer...

No comments: