Monday, January 14, 2008

This Is Not A Baby Blog... I Promise

It seems that Iggy is getting a lot of blog press these days. Simply because he has been what the house has been swirling around for the past 5 days. And he is so darn cute. But I believe life will start to settle down a bit now that Mr. Clean has to go back to work tomorrow and we will have to start school again. Fortunately we were a week ahead in our curriculum. Were. Such is life.

Last night was a bit of a relief. Iggy and I slept in our own beds and fairly soundly. As soundly as a 6 day old can at night. He got up twice, but went back to sleep without any fussing, allowing me to get a couple good stretches of sleep in my own beloved bed. I am still a bit tired today, but it made a world of difference, especially since Mr. Clean took the 7:30 "Iggy call" this morning allowing me to snooze a bit longer.

A doctor's appointment this morning just went to prove he is a happy and healthy baby and now a couple lbs. heaver than his birth weight. His mother did not show up for the appointment which is her right, so that quelled my nerves a bit, but I was a little disappointed for Iggy that she did not come to see him. His first visit with her and his siblings is on Thursday. It should be an interesting experience.

4 comments:

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

Oh, I'll be praying for a good experience for Thursday, but good news that Iggy has a good start in his health. How are the chillens handling the changes?

Laura said...

So glad to hear that everyone is doing well (even if you are doing it more slowly and with your eyes half closed). Prayers will continue here for your all and Iggy's family.

Jamie said...

That's so sad that his mom didn't show up at the appointment. I can't imagine NOT wanting to be a part of your child's life. I'll be praying for Thursday!

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

Praying for you today...I hope it went well.