Monday, January 28, 2008

"It's A Small World After All"... Everybody Sing!

We had a visiting nurse come today and evaluate our little Iggy. He is now 8 lbs. and 10 ounces, up from 7-15 on Wednesday! He is growing really fast. We call him Iggy only on the blog, otherwise we use his given name which is quite unique.

Yesterday I was at a baby shower for a friend and another friend who was also there asked me his name. I had to repeat it for her. As I did another guest behind me said, "Did you say his name was (insert real name here)?"

"Yep", I replied, thinking she must have met another "Iggy" and I was quite impressed.

"Is he a foster?" she asked cautiously. This got my full attention.

She went on to explain how her brother and sister-in-law are fostering Iggy's older sister and she only knew his name because the foster sister had told her all about him. Crazy! It is definitely a small, small world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too much! It must have been fun talking to her. I was also at a baby shower on Sunday. I was actually invited to two different baby showers on Sunday! I was going to try to go to both, but they were 2 hours apart in time and 1 hour apart in distance.

Jamie said...

Wow how weird is that? Must be a unique name for sure!