Friday, December 21, 2007

Humbled A Bit

I was running behind for an appointment today and I was stuck behind a driver going a tad slow. Okay, let me rephrase that. They were driving the actual speed limit. I did not tailgate nor gesture to them to speed up, but inside my head I was bouncing up and down, whining, "C'monnnnnnnn!!"

On the way home I was behind another slower driver. This time I was not in a huge hurry and decided to stick behind them even though I could have easily gone around. I was probably still a little sheepish about my internal behavior earlier.

So, if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it still make a sound? Well duh... of course it does. If a 33 year old mother of three yells at someone in her head yet remains perfectly civil outwardly, is it still a sin? Of course it is.
"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself'. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Matt 22:36-40 (NKJ)
Even if they have the audacity to follow the posted speed limits.

No comments: