Monday, December 3, 2007

Get Out of the Pot

You know that old analogy about how a frog in a tepid bath will never notice when the water slowly gets hot (hence boiling to its death), yet a frog that jumps into boiling water will surely jump right back out, and how it pertains to Christians? I am sure you are familiar with it.

I just read an article at Slice of Laodicea about our declining girl culture. Remember the "little girl"? She almost no longer exists.

"I grieve for the painted little girls of Sodom today. Their mothers and fathers have not protected them but have thrown them into the dangerous stream of popular culture. They will be destroyed by that stream—pulled under by the powerful currents of lust and greed and hedonism that wait beneath the glittering surface."

This is an excellent article to read in its entirety. I felt the sudden burn of the hot pot that I had probably dangled my feet into when it had just been tepid. As the mother of two daughters I think it may be time to rethink some of the worldly things I may have previously allowed (and we are fairly strict). They are such precious commodities.

No comments: