Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just a Day; Glad it's Over

Today marks (officially anyway) the 7th day of school. We have actually done three days. I love being a homeschooler! I am in control of what they learn, when they learn and how. I decided that between swimming lessons this week that were not anticipated and were spur of the moment and VBS, it would not be too fair to expect academic genius. So we bagged it and even in doing so we will still finish in early spring if we stay the course, which I doubt we will do!

So today was all about fun for the kids and annoyance for me. I found out today that two of my relatives (not immediate family, but close) were talking smack about me regarding, basically, my socioeconomic status and the fact that they believe that I get "everything" in the family (including an item belonging to my late great grandfather that I have never laid eyes on, let alone own).

Just to back you up a bit, my grandmother whom I adored and was very close to just died in April. The things that I want of hers are few and I will be PAYING her estate for them. There is no free ride here since the estate is equally divided between my grandmother's children and she was not Midas in the least, but apparently since my mother is the executor of the estate, I am the privileged one. This really hurt and got under my skin.

These two relatives are ones that I have a good relationship with (or so I thought) and yet will be the first to smile in my face while running their mouths behind my back. Since I am not trying to bash them I will not go into the details, but the choices they have made in their lives have not been smart, pretty and in some cases not legal, but they are complaining that I have "everything". Maybe it is because Mr. Clean and I work, save and plan for what we want and then get it. No silver spoons here, just hard work and we tend to stay on the right side of the law. I know that I should not let this anger me and that in doing so I am the one sinning, but it just burns me.

Call me naive, but shouldn't your family members be the ones who have your back, not talk and lie behind it? Praise the King for my brothers and sisters in Christ who I can really trust. Maybe the family of believers is the family I should be focusing more on than the one who shares my genetic make up. Thanks for letting me rant. Now back to your regularly scheduled blogging...

4 comments:

Susie said...

Oooooh! I'm so sorry for you, Angel! Sometimes our extended family members are the hardest to love... Ugh, right? Know that you're in my prayers during this time. And lots of {{{{HUGS}}}} to you!

Jamie said...

Yep, I think that our brothers and sisters in Christ need to be the ones we really cling to. It is so hard when our family's words hurt us and it can cause such barriers. Praying!

Ami said...

I have to agree with you that sometimes family can be the ones that are the least loving.... I hope things get better....

Tami said...

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. It's sad how a death in the family can make people do and say things they normally wouldn't. All over worldly possessions. I hope and pray they'll come to their senses. In the meantime, you are right, you have your brothers and sisters in Christ. We're there for ya sista!