Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Once A Nerd, Always A Nerd

I miss school. I don't mean my experiences with school, I am glad to be all grown up and done with all that, I mean our school. Now that the year has ended (and you know it's official when you change your "active year" in Homeschool Tracker), I miss the everyday routine that K.Z. and I had during the school year. I feel kind of lost.

Our "summer holiday" will not last long. July 9th will mark the beginning of the new year and K.Z.'s march into 2nd grade along with Xena's official start of Kindergarten. Although I have my curriculum, I have yet cracked open a book or made a game plan so you would think that I would not be so anxious. But I am. I always have been.

When I was in school I was "gifted" (read: "nerd"). I was always anxious for the new school year to begin. Even in high school. The first day of school I would be up early since I went to a communication arts magnet school, so I was up very early for the bus ride). I would tease up my Lisa Lisa hair (I may have been a nerd, but I was a stylin' nerd and yes, I had that hair style) and be out while the sun was still coming up. The first few weeks of school held a certain magic that would inevitably fade away, but it was really cool while it lasted.

Maybe that is what I am anxious for. Regardless, someone please remind me of this when I am ready to quit in November?

No comments: