Monday, March 3, 2008

Movie Bliss

I have always loved the cinema. Movies have been a place to retreat into another world and enjoy sights and scenes you may never see otherwise.

Recently my friend Colleen snookered me into opening a Facebook account (I have wasted way too much time there in the last few days so I must blame it on someone... anyone but myself) and as I invited friends to join with me I saw the Facebook wildfire take off. My friend, The Tutor recently added a movie feature to her account and it got me thinking about my favorites.

I have two all time, never changing, favorites from when I was a kid. One is The Color Purple with Whoopi Goldberg and the other is The Fighting Sullivans, a true American classic. The Fighting Sullivans has always ranked number one in my favorites list and I doubt that will ever change. If you have not seen it, rent it. Here's a small taste...


No comments: