Thursday, April 19, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

This week has been a whirlwind (in a good way), so I have not had too much time to sit and blog, but a couple fun things went on this week.

First, my little man has now officially become a Wolf Cub. Sigh... Next it will be a driver's license, 401k and then a pension. This boy is growing too fast. Mr. Clean unfortunately had to be at a late meeting with the big dogs at his company and missed the ceremony and the presentation by our local bomb squad. K.Z. was anxious to call Daddy and fill him in on all the evenings details. I was comforted that I have just a bit more time with my little boy when he described the demonstration by the police in these words, "It was really cool dad, they "boomded" some bombs", with all the grown up Wolf Cub bravado he could muster!

K.Z. with his "Tiger striped" war paint, showing off his Tiger Cub Badge (sniff sniff!) after his part in the ceremony.


My girls trying on the hat belonging to "The Scout formerly known as Tiger". It's a big hat to fill!

Mini-Me, a.k.a C'sa

The other fun thing was that my in-laws popped in on their way from their home in Florida to their home in New York. The kids always enjoy having, "Nan and Pop" around. We were all sitting in the kitchen table chatting with Nanny when C'sa (dd- 3 yrs old) brought over a part of an old Sega Dreamcast that Mr. Clean no longer used. The attachment allowed a player to save their game at any point and it was portable (a lot like a thumb drive). She was annoyed because she could not get it to "turn on". I explained to her that it needed a power source and could not turn on without it. I was sure that would be the end of the conversation.

A lightbulb turned on over her head and her eyes got bright. "I will get it", she responded and popped off her chair. Quite curious to she just what she thought she was going to go and "get", I turned in my chair to watch her rummage in a kitchen drawer. Proudly she came back to me and plopped a 9 volt battery in from of me and exclaimed, "here is a power source!"

Another proof positive that homeschoolers are geniuses (wink!)!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go my little Wolf.
Love ya
Aunt Sheri

Laura said...

Great Job, Buddy!

Wow! Your Den is about a month ahead of us. Terzo's Blue and Gold is the end of next month. When did they get so big?

Susie said...

Oh, kids say the cutest things!! Congrats, K.Z.!!!! And you look gorgeous, girls!! Lots of hugs!

Jamie said...

Your children are adorable! Don't they grow up so fast? And say the darndest things?

Angie Dagenhart said...

They are gettting sooo big... I miss you guys. (((HUGS)))