Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Black Bean Brownies?

I saw the recipe below on Spark People, a site I really like. Now I love black beans and just might sell a kidney for chocolate, but combined? I just don't know. I will never make this since I don't use Splenda and using sugar would defeat the purpose (and I hate coffee), but if anyone gets a hankering for black bean brownies, let me know how they turn out!

Black Bean Brownies

Nutrition Information

Fat: 3.4 g
Carbohydrates: 8.9g
Calories: 79.2
Protein: 4.1g


Ingredients
15oz can black beans (drained & rinsed well)
4 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated Splenda
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp strong coffee (or 1 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp canola or olive oil
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*F.
Prepare an 8x8 baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray.
Mix all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
Add the beans last and make sure you blend VERY well.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing.
Brownies are approx. 2"x2" in size.

No comments: