Monday, June 9, 2008

Music To My Ears

We have slacked off of school for the past three weeks. First because I was in Orlando seeing a very sick and dying relative, then because my in-laws came to town (and it is much more fun to hang out with them instead of doing school), and last, because we were on vacation last week.

So now we are gearing up again. We homeschool pretty much year round with a lighter summer schedule, but year round nonetheless. As I was trying to find the necessary workbooks and get organized, K.Z. wrapped his arms around my waist and said, "I am glad you are my teacher. I am glad I get to be home with you during the day."

It was all I could do to hug him back without choking up. Ditto Son. Ditto.

1 comment:

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

God Bless you...I need and take a break..3 months in fact...but secretly homeschooling is going on. They just don't know it...yet.