Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Don't Spit Out Your Drink, I Almost Did...

I adore my husband. One of the reasons for my life long devotion is that he is transparent. While he has discernment, he is unashamed of what he believes and thinks.

Apparently Mr. Clean received an e-mail today from The Wilderness Society. I have no clue who they are and have no interest to peruse their website to find out. Nor did I see the original e-mail, but it must have been a doozer to cause this response from my normally reserved husband. I laughed so hard at the end and almost wanted to applaud. But maybe you just have to know and love Mr. Clean to read the dripping sarcasm in his "voice"...

"I received an e-mail from your organization today, talking about stopping the Bush administration from taking land in Utah and drilling for oil, and it really has me angry. In this day and age where the price of gas is getting way out of hand we need to be doing what is necessary to help alleviate this situation.

I love this country. I love the mountains and the outdoors in general. I would prefer to be in the mountains than in a city any day. However, I think that we can drill for oil and still have a beautiful country. Why should we be held hostage by middle eastern countries for our oil when there is a good chance that we have much of it here at home? Is oil in the US the answer to our needs for gas in our cars in America? No, I don't think so; I believe that the auto mfg. have to work quickly for a solution that removes gasoline from the equation. But in the meantime, what do you expect the general public to do? We have to buy gas and we need more oil to tide us over until the technology is in place to remove it from the car equation.

I blame your organization and others like yours for the high price of gas. We can't drill in this country because of all of your nonsense. So don't ever send me another e-mail unless you are going to tell me that you have had a change of heart and want drilling to proceed. Otherwise don't waste my time.

Drive your little Prius to and from Utah all you want. I prefer bigger vehicles. Mainly due to the size of my family (4 kids and 2 adults, and hopefully growing). But I am guessing that you would think I am doing another bad thing by having too many kids and increasing my carbon foot print (another crock). I suppose you would like me to get rid of the kids as well?

So just go away and don't waste my time or the American Public's time, unless you have a better solution; which right now you don't."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Mr. Clean! You tell them!

Lea said...

Excellent! Let us know if they respond:).

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

Bravo!!!!! Bravo bravo...I'm sick of the environmental Nazi's telling me I'm not recycling enough, or my carbon footprint is too big...God made this earth, we do need to care for it, but it's not going to be lost....