Monday, March 6, 2006

Why does Monday have to exist?

Last night I was convinced that I was going to bound out of bed (complete with birds singing on the windowsill to welcome me to my day), exercise, jump in the shower and have bright and shiny scrubbed children (and dressed) ready for a hearty breakfast and a great school morning.


.....Now back to reality.....


I could not sleep at all last night so at 2 am I took an over the counter sleep aid (Wal-Mart brands rock, by the way!) not thinking about the time and how long the effects would last. Needless to say, I was not bouncing out of bed when the alarm went off! After getting through the Wal-Mart induced fog I was lucky to remember my kids names. So it is now 11:35 am, no one is dressed except me nor scrubbed and shiny (including me, I am just lucky to be dressed).


So far today the "Z-man" (ds age "almost 6") has done one sheet of LA and played Reader Rabbit games on the computer. That counts as school in my book!! "Xena" (dd age 4) did one page of LA and wandered off to watch Disney's version of Robin Hood. Not quite the classic, but historical, no? "C'sa" (dd age 2) has been playing with Play-Doh and watching her brother on the computer.


Mommy... still kind of in the fog! More later once the haze has cleared!

No comments: